After a gunman killed five Amish children and injured five others in a Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania schoolhouse shooting in October of 2006, the world media attention rapidly turned from the tragic events to the extraordinary forgiveness demonstrated by the Amish community.
The film is seen through the eyes of a grieving mother, Ida Graber (Kimberly Williams-Paisley) & other devastated families and explores the Amish's astonishing reaction to the horrific shootings: of forgiveness and compassion.
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Ida Graber
- Tammy Blanchard as Amy Roberts
- Fay Masterson as Jill Green
- Madison Mason as Levi Brennaman
- Gary Graham as Henry Taskey
- John Churchill as Charlie Roberts
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Rebecca Knepp
- Amy Sloan as Rachel Knepp
- Matt Letscher as Gideon Graber
- Karley Scott Collins as Katie Graber
- Madison Davenport as Mary Beth Graber
- Eugene Byrd as Danny
- Bruce Nozick as Leonard